[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

stoned

Spent the afternoon today moving stone.  Fortunately, Stan specified a
different kind of stone.  This kind is graded #2 river stones, not
crushed rock.  The crushed rock seems to stick together, while the
stones slip past each other.  Can hardly get a shovel into the crushed
rock.

Anyway, we got most of the stone for under the slab.  Just about the
time we finished, Merriman's came with the first load of the foam
blocks.  I broke one myself while helping to unload them from the
truck.  Damned fragile things.

Laid out the corners of the house and snapped chalk lines between
them in preparation for assembling the forms tomorrow.
-russ