The Nelson's House page
I wrote a daily log of messages relating
the progress on the house.
We've been taking a set of pictures from inside the loop at the end of
the driveway. What you see in front of you is the northeast corner of
the house. Here's the pictures:
Here are some more pictures taken from other locations.
Rob Logan, a friend with an airplane and digital camera, took some pictures.
- Mother's day
- After the house has been staked out. You can barely see one of the stakes.
- Footers have been poured and the first course of foam blocks are in place.
- Three courses of foam blocks.
- Four courses of foam blocks. The window bucks are in place. You can barely see the blue metal braces inside the foundation.
- Five courses, starting on the sixth.
- All six courses, plus some of the external bracing.
- Hard to tell, but the concrete has been poured.
- All the bracing has been removed.
- You can see the parging, on the morning we poured the slab.
- West and south walls raised.
- All four walls raised, plus blocks for garage are delivered.
- Entryway walls are going up, plus garage foundation is built.
- Entryway plywood is up, plus west wall of garage is framed.
- West wall of garage has plywood.
- North wall of garage has plywood plus east wall is partially framed.
- Garage door header is up, plus east wall has plywood.
- Garage trusses in place
- Entire east roof framed out.
- Plywood on roof.
- Loft partially framed out.
- Loft framed and roofed, tar-paper on roof.
- Metal roof on, some Tyvek on.
- Siding on.
Last modified: Wed Feb 20 01:11:03 EST 2002